Best Ketamine Depression Treatment in Houston
Depression is the most common psychiatric disorder in the general population and the most common mental health condition in patients seen in primary care. It is under-diagnosed for many reasons, including fear of stigmatization or belief that depression isn’t a “real” illness but rather a personal flaw. If you are suffering, now might be the right time to talk with a doctor about ketamine depression treatment.
Depression is more than just feeling sad and it comes in many forms. At one end of the spectrum, there is a type of mild or low-grade depression where you feel sadness or have the feeling of being down in the dumps. With mild depression, you might find it requires more effort than usual to accomplish what you want you need to do.
At the other end of the spectrum, there is something we call “major depression”. This type of depression is much more severe and can have both physical and emotional symptoms, including: fatigue, headaches, and body aches and pains. Major depression often - and depending on the person, always - keeps you from accomplishing daily tasks.
Experts will tell you that depression results from a chemical imbalance, but that doesn’t capture the complexity of the situation. Rather, there are any number of possible contributors such as current or past stressful events, side effect of medications, medical problems, faulty mood regulation or imbalances by the brain, or genetic factors.
Ketamine Depression Treatment
Many people continue to struggle with depression even after trying psychotherapy and antidepressant medications. If you or someone you love has ongoing severe or major depression, ketamine infusion therapy can help.
At KureIV, we offer low-dose ketamine infusions for depression, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders. Ketamine infusions have been shown to be an effective treatment for people struggling with depression.
Free ConsultationWe offer a free consultation to answer all your questions.
Affordable RatesRates start at $350 per 1 hour infusion in the Houston Area.
Fast SchedulingMake an appointment quickly in only hours or days, not weeks.
Fill out this form to schedule a free phone consultation with one of our ketamine infusion therapy experts.
We did most of the hard work for you. Here's many of the best clinical studies and articles about ketamine depression treatment:
- Getting the Inside Dope on Ketamine’s Mysterious Ability to Rapidly Relieve Depression - Scientific American (March 2018)
- Intravenous Ketamine for Adolescents with Treatment-Resistant Depression: An Open-Label Study - Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology (July 2018)
- Ketamine for Rapid Reduction of Suicidal Thoughts in Major Depression – American Journal of Psychiatry (Dec 2017)
- The Use of Ketamine Infusions for Refractory Headaches: A Retrospective Analysis – Am Society of Anesthesiologists (Oct 2017)
- World-First Ketamine Trial Shows Promise For Geriatric Depression – American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry (July 2017)
- FDA Data Support Ketamine as Depression Therapy - MedPage Today (May 2017)
- How Ketamine Infusion Will Transform the Way Depression is Treated - The Doctor Weighs In (July 2017)
- Club Drug Ketamine Gains Traction As A Treatment For Depression - NPR.org (Sept 2015)
- Ketamine may be quick, effective treatment for untreatable depression - CBS News (May 2013)
- The Role of Ketamine in Treatment-Resistant Depression: A Systematic Review - National Center for Biotechnology Information (Sept 2014)