Substance Abuse Treatment
The Best Ketamine Infusion Treatment for Substance Abuse in Houston, TX
What Are The Symptoms Of Substance Abuse?
Symptoms of substance abuse may include:
- Compulsive feeling that you have to use the substance regularly
- Intense urges for the substance make it hard to think
- Needing more of the substance to achieve the same effect
- Taking more of the substance than you initially intended
- Hoarding the substance
- Spending money on the substance even when you can’t afford it
- Failing to complete work or personal activities because of your substance use
- Self-destructive or reckless behavior
- Continuing to use the substance even though you recognize the problems it is causing
- Withdrawal symptoms when you stop using the substance
Ketamine Infusions for Substance Abuse
Many people struggle with substance abuse even after trying multiple treatment methods. If you or someone you love struggles with substance abuse, ketamine infusion therapy can help.
Ketamine works by targeting NMDA receptors inside of the brain. Ketamine connects to those receptors and amplifies the number of neurotransmitters, called glutamate, inside the space between the neurons.
Glutamate then binds to different receptors, known as AMPA receptors. In the brains of some people, those nerve cells don’t react to glutamate anymore. It’s as if the glutamate receptors are deactivated or weakened. This process can affect a person’s moods, cognitive abilities, and thinking patterns. However, after some people receive ketamine treatments, those receptors sometimes turn back on.
Is ketamine treatment right for you?
To find out, please complete our New Patient Health Screening Form.
Take The First Step
Take The First Step
Explore The Benefits of This Innovative New Treatment Option
At KureIV, we offer low-dose ketamine infusions for substance abuse. Ketamine infusions are an effective treatment for people struggling with substance abuse. Schedule a consultation with us to see if ketamine infusion therapy is right for you.